Questions and Answers
1. Could you go into a bit more detail on the theory of tempering ?
2. If my chocolate drops below the working temperature do I have to start tempering it over again?
3. Could you please tell me where to purchase the chocolate?
4. I'm having trouble molding with white chocolate. Are there any tricks?
5. I've been making home made chocolates. I would like to know if anyone has a recipe for See's Bordoux filling? Thanks! It's my favorite!
6. Where may I find bulk chocolate in the Atlanta area? I've been ordering online at chocolatesource.com; however, they seem to be out of stock more often than not. Do you know of a local place where I can walk in and purchase? I've been using Callebaut, but I'm open to trying something different. Thank you, Christina
7. Is it possible to dip a soft pretzel stick that has been cooled to room temp. into chocolate and still have it be able to set up?
8. How can I make a ganache ?
9. I make ganache and I am interested on knowing after I have my mix ready can I put it on the molds and put it in the fridge instead of doing the balls?
10. What are the heating and cooling temperature for tempering alpha, beta, bea prime and gamma crystal patterns of cocoa butter?
11. What are differences between using Marble and granite for tempering the chocolate? I have heard that granite is better, but why? Thanks so much for your knowledge. Laurie Duncis email@example.com
12. How do we produce chocolate that contain unstable gamma crystals, beta prime crystals, or alpha crystals?
13. how do you restore seized chocolate?
14. How do I keep my tempered chocolate liquid enough to pour into my molds? It often gets too thick to work with by the time I get to my third mold.
15. I want to make a gianduja ganache which I want to whip for a plated dessert. Can I use gianduja and cream alone or will I need to add an additional chocolate/ingredients? I have read that whipping ganache shortens the shelf life, can it be rewhipped? Thanks for your time and response.
17. Does white, milk and dark chocolate melt differently?
18. Can you use a general digital or meat thermometer for tempering the chocolate? Thank you Mary
19. I am interested in making chocolates and would like to know of any books DVDs that could help from tempering to putting in molds to making candy. And where can I order the book(s)? Thank you. Nancy
20. Why chococlates slabs are getting very loose when melted? It is making liquid very difficult to handle.I am using compound chocolate.Is it the problem of tempering? Also what is the best % of hydrogenated fat in compound chocolate which will give a good texture taste with out a bloom. What i need to do to get a smooth texture . Rifgt now we are getting a rough surface when we are using compund chocolate
22. I would like to specialize in fruit filled chocolates and have managed to develop good texture and flavour. However, I am having trouble with oozing fillings and cracking chocolate coatings when I hand dip the fillings. Can you please give me some advise on what I am doing wrong. Thank you, Katharina
23. I find that quite often my chocolate bars are streaky - some bits of the bar are really shiny whilst other bits are dull. Am I not tempering correctly or is my mold not clean enough? - Thank You - Robert
24. Can you please tell me how to make the flowing caramel for chocolate centres. Not the hard caramels.
25. I am interested in making chocolate transfer sheets. I have read it can be done using screen printing and pad printing, even using inkjet printers. Any advice would be great.
26. I have been trying to use the Guittard Chocolate A peals and I am having so much trouble. I have been using the milk chocolate and when I either pour it over truffles or try to use it in a mold it does not come out shinny. I have had it stick to the molds and they look dull. What am I doing wrong? Thank you, Kathy
27. Received a temper machine and have tried the bittersweet Callibault chocolate in it and it jst won't come out shiny. There is no temperature gage on the machine, just white, milk, dark. I am so frustrated. HELP! Mary
28. what is the ingredient in for example lindt 'truffles' that make them shelf stable? Is there something that can be added to traditional cream based ganache to extend its shelf life beyond a few weeks? thanks, good site, Brent
29. I have to make approximately 400 truffles for an upcoming event and would like to make them ahead of time. How far in advance can I make them using your recipes and what temp / place is the best storage for them?
30. I make cigar shapes out of white choc,but when the chocolate gets a bit old, it wont melt down, it goes soft but wont melt.Why does it do this and can it be saved.Thankyou.Lindon
31. What is heat stable chocolate and why does it not burn at high temperatures. Should I use chocolate in biscuits center i.e it is always in liquid form and do not burn during biscuit baking
32. How to temper cocoa butter?
33. In tempering chocolate,how many times do I have to heat/cool the chocolate?and that depends of what?
35. sir, plz help me out i am student of hotel management dfrom india. i have started making chocolates at home and i am going to sell them. but my chocolate is started melting at room temp. i used dark chocolate.how should i overcome this problem plz help me. mahesh joshi
36. choc printing with bubble jet
37. I tried to make a chocolate sauce (Lindt bittersweet, heavy cream, and corn syrup) and overheated it. Now the mixture has separated into a solid blob and an oily part. Is there anything I can do to salvage a lot of expensive chocolate?
38. What is untempered chocolate, and what items can Imake with it? Thank you Lisa
39. Hi, I'm not an expert in making white chocolate truffles... If I'm making 2,000 pcs. white chocolate truffles with ganache as a filling (For a wedding), When do I start making it? and where can I store it? How long will it keep? Oh! You will be a great help for answering my questions.... Many thanks!
40. I am beginning chocolatier and I don't know which brand of chocolate to use. I have experimented with guittard and scharffenberger and have heard good things about callebaut, what is your opinion? Preferably a company that offers enrobing and filling consistencies of chocolate in milk, white and dark.
41. Hi. Once I pour my tempered chocolate into my molds, I've been placing them in the freezer, which seems to work quite well. Does it matter how long I leave them in the freezer? Once out of the freezer does it matter if they sit out uncovered for a while, or do they need to go directly into a bag. And finally is there a curing time for this chocolate where it gets harder etc? Thank you for your help.
42. Kerry, How do I scale down a recipe that has the percentages provided? Are there any disadvantages to doing this? Stephanie
43. Hi, I am a blossoming chocolatier. I am trying to make round discs using a chablon sheet. My chocolate is properly tempered, but the finished product off of a transfer sheet with my logo has some shiny and some dull spots. Is this related to the cooling temperature? The effects where present when left to set in a room at 20 degrees C. Can you assist me please with the best way to resolve this? Thank you, Lynn
44. I would like to ask how to keep white chocolate (after conching process)in liquid form while storing in a holding tank before transfering the cream for further processing? What is the minimum temperature that can keep the cream still remain in liquid form? How to determine that temperature?
45. I am running into fat and sugar bloom when making homemade toffee. How do I correct the problem without tempering? I assume that using tempered choc on toffee will not adhere well. Is that true? I've tried keeping at room temperature (avoiding fridge) but the choc doesn't ever get hard enough to cut and package, etc. I've recently tried the fridge long enough to firm choc then cut and bag for the freezer - was hard to cut and bag before choc was too soft to package. Help, running out of ideas. Thanks so much.
46. Hi, may I know how to determine the specific gravity of the white chocolate cream? The formula of SG=density of substance/density of water. I need to compare the density of the cream with density of water at same temperature which is in 20C or any other temperature also can?
47. CAN WE USE OVER TEMPERED CHOC ON BISCUITS
48. Is there any help for seized chocolate?
49. how i handle a chocolate transfer sheet where i can storage ,because i live in a hot place ?
50. why does the doctor dips the thermometer in a liquid before use
51. How to temper compound chocolate? Thanks, Raji.
52. Density of chocolate
53. I was recently told about a product called Alpha crystals that is fairly new. It is a new and quicker way to temper chocolate however I am having trouble finding it online do you know anything about this product?
54. Hi, I am making truffles with a chocolate and cream ganache centre that are flavoured with oils and then coating them by hand with tempered chocolate. Once odne I amt hen bagging them in food standard plastic bags and tying the bags closed with ribbons. After a few days the dark chocolate truffles start to secrete moiusture however and become ruined as the tempered chocolate coating softens. Does anyone have any ides why this might be happening, it seems to be more in respect of dark chocolate than any other. Thanks.
55. Hello, We are making tempered chocolates in molds with ganach centers but we are beginning to have problems with mold forming inside some of the chocolates. Do you have any tips on hoe to avoid this? Thanks in advance for your help.
56. I just bought my first polycarbonate molds and find that the chocolate shells are much too thick. The chocolate was at around 87-89 degrees and we poured it in and out as quickly as we could. Are there any tricks to getting a thinner shell? Thanks.
57. This is my second year hand dipping fondant in chocolate. I do temper the chocolate. Melting in the oven then cooling in a electric skillet to about 85 degrees while moving it around in the \
58. Can you restore old chocolate?
59. I notice some recipes call for corn syrup and others for invert sugar. Are they pretty much the same? How important is it in chocolate making? Does it make them keep longer?
60. Is it okay to use compound chocolate for baking?
61. I'm making chocolate mints; a recips I found that puts a layer of semi sweet melted chocolate, then white chocolate with mint extract, then milk chocolate on top. I've found two things I would like some help with. First, the chocolate gets so hard and I would like it to stay a little soft so I can cut the mints, second, the layers don't stay together very well, especially when I try and cut them. Any suggestions?
62. How far would you have to run to burn off two chocolate biscuits?
63. I am making homemade choco. potato chips and popcorn. I live in Florida and I would like to know how to store them and how long I can store them. I will being selling these treats and will be making quanties. Please give me all the tips I will need to keep these products fresh. Sherry
64. we melted some chocolate chips in a bowl to coat some candy. after seating up, the chocolate was to soft. what kind of chocolate should we use next time to get a harder coating? Thank you!
65. I have been making a truffle recipe that calls for only crushed oreos mixed with cream cheese and dipped in chocolate. My question is, what is the shelf life of a truffle like that while being refrigerated and is there a way to make these safe without refrigeration? I am worried about the cream cheese and I was hoping to have a way to give them as gifts without having to worry about keeping them constantly cold. Maybe an additive? Thank you so much for any help!
66. what can i add to keep a 70% cacao chocolate permanently liquid at room temperature?
67. I would like to make some chocolates suitable for diabetics but with a shelf life of one month or more. can you please help me. thankyou Sheila
68. Thanks for the time. I use Guittard chocolate I like it very much. My question is; when I temper and cover an item, and go with the process or cooling etc. they come out very nice, but the chocolate is just a little hard. Can I use corn syrup to soften it a bit. What do the pros use to get it soft but firm? Ciao
69. I made some chocolate suckers and days later i am noticing some dull spots on the chocolate. I dont think I tempered them correctly. Can I remelt them again.
70. We have an unopened plastic bucket of liquid marble chocolate marked 2007. Is it still good to use in a fountain?
71. I tried to make a chocolate sauce (Lindt bittersweet, heavy cream, and corn syrup) and overheated it. Now the mixture has separated into a solid blob and an oily part. Is there anything I can do to salvage a lot of expensive chocolate?
72. what steps in adding fehling solution to determine the sugar content of it?
73. What will I add on chocolate bar to liquefy it and not go back to it\'s hard texture once not heated. For choco dips. Thanks
74. how to make chocolate very hard
75. HiKerry, I just bought a small bakery and I was thinking of buying a tempered machine, as tempering chocolate seems very hard for me... What machine do you recomend? I probably need just a table top one, as I don\'t have much room and the budget is tight:) Thanks, Maria
76. What is the shelf life of bagged chocolate pieces?
77. How long can a human live off chocolatey substances (including chocolate milk and chocolate coco) alone?
78. I am a chocolate maker in California. I am trying to get a really glossy shine laquer finish on molded chocolates. I have used everything I can get my hands on and nothing come close to the effect I am trying to come up with. The best examples I can give you are the shine on motorcycle helmets and cigar humidor boxes. The closest I have come up with is powdered food coloring mixed into tempered and not melted cocoa butter made of pure V crystals. I need something closer. Any suggestions?
81. What ways are there to lessen the environmental impact of making, using and disposing of chocolate products?
82. Hi, I am having great difficulty tempering white chocolate. I have a fair idea how to temper milk & dark chocolate (I\'m using Callebaut) or at the very least, i know how to test to see if it\'s in temper, but I never seem to be able to get the white chocolate right or know what to do in order to get it in temper. I have just about followed/tried every instruction, being careful not to overheat it, etc. I have been infusing my white chocolate with peanut butter as part of my recipes. Could the peanut butter be the root of all my problems? I can never get it hard & my latest batch even seems grainy. I have wasted so much time & effort on this! Any advice?
83. my white chocolate is WAY to thick i have tried to add wax, but it just isn\'t working....any suggestions.
84. Hello Kerry - I am a budding chocolate maker, and just found your wonderful website. I am interested in making transfers for chocolates using an ink jet printer (see question 25). Would you be able to send me the link to your demo on doing this please. Regards Genevieve Loxley Australia
86. Hello Kerry - I live in a very hot, damp, humid part of Australia (Queensland) and would like any advice you can offer me in this environment. I have tried using couverture chocolate but am having trouble keeping it in temper and keeping the dreaded bloom away. So, I have started experimenting with compound chocolate but am having problems getting it out of large aluminium molds as it is not shrinking enough. I am attempting large sculptural pieces (I\'m an artist), not small bite size pieces. Regards Genevieve Loxley Australia
87. how to make a chocolate topping for an ice cream pie that doesn\'t get to hard in the freezer?
88. how can I make a dark chocolate gananche for an ice cream pie that dosn\'t get to hard in the freezer?
89. how can i keep truffles in point? Are well in the fridge, after a time at room temperature become very soft
92. Where can I purchase envelopes of no-melt chocolate?
93. why does the doctor dips the thermometer in a liquid before use?
94. Can you Print Chocolate on a Bubble Machine
95. what is this website about?
96. Why did my molded chocolate elephant come out dull and not shiny? Also the center was whitish looking.
97. . Hello Kerry - I am a budding chocolate maker, and just found your wonderful website. I am interested in making transfers for chocolates.I have also tried colouring the moulds with the help of cocoa butter and food colour..afer i pour the chocolate freez it and de mould it the coating is left behind in the mould only the chocolate comes out... please help
98. Hello Kerry... I am a budding chocolate maker and just found your wonderful website. I am interested in making colours to coat the chocolates ...I want to know how much colour shall i add to the cocoabutter... and what should be the consistency of the mixture so that it comes out clean from the mould
99. I am tempering and molding chocolate. My test temper, either on wax paper or a glass plate always looks great but when I pour it into the molds there is always bloom, both on the surfaces and throughout. They are rather thick molds, 13mm so I am wondering if I should not re-heat the chocolate as high...? (currently 115 - 80 - 91) Thanks
100. why a doctor dip the thermometer in liquid before use
102. how far in advance can you dip pretzel rods in white chocolate and then colored sugar is sprikled on top? it is for a wedding 19 days away?
103. Hi Kerry. I enjoy making chocolate however am not good with tempering chocolate. Would you mind giving me a simple way of doing it? Also, what kind of double boiler would you recommend that is environmentally friendly? Thanks, Marie
104. Hello Kerry. I'd like to start making raw chocolate and selling it. Do you have any suggestions on where to buy the cacao beans? What equipment would I need to make the chocolate into a powder?
105. I'm positive my dark chocolate is at the right temperature when I pour it into the molds, which I then put into the freezer to harden, for about 5 mins. I then fill them with room temp. ganache, then I put the mold in the refrigerator for an hour for the ganache to harden. I then seal them with temper chocolate. Should I be letting the first coat air dry at room temp?
106. I want to learn how to decorate truffles with all the different colors but I am not sure where to start. I purchased some colored cocoa butters and some spray equipment but I am not getting very good results... The cocoa butter wants to separate from the chocolate...?? I have researched quite a bit but have not come up with the full process of what to do???
108. i have a cookout tomorrow and im making something called unbaked bars. it calls for milk choc on the top as a frosting i only have semi sweet squares how can i use it? i have no time to go to the store! can i added milk or 1/2&1/2 to the semi sweet? please help now! i only have a few hours!!!
110. tell me the name of the machine in which I could melt the bar & tell me the solution for avoiding melting process once they got shape after moulding
111. What kind of equipment is needed to make cacao beans into powder?
112. What kind of eco-friendly double boiler would you recommend for tempering chocolate?
113. I am a beginning chocalatier and have been making hand dipped truffles. Sometimes after dipping as the coating starts to harden I get small - pinsize - filling extrusions out of the side of the truffle. I hate to say it but it almost looks as if the truffle is pooping. I have been scraping it off with a knife and dabbing on some tempered chocolate over the hole but would like to know what causes this.
114. I would like to know the reason why my moulded milk chocolate is very soft
115. Kerry, do you ever do any classes on the west coast or are they all in Ontario?
116. Why does chocolate get hard when put in freezer
117. why does chocolate get hard when it is refrigerated?
118. Could you please tell me where to purchase the chocolate?
121. how do you get chocolate liquid outside of chocolate milk?
122. Why are my chocolates melting quickly, and what do I do to to keep them for longer
123. In making chocolate cream pie, I use bittersweet chocolate squares by Bakers. It does not melt all the way anymore. It seems to stay a bit in tiny pieces during the cooking process. I think the change I have made is to use whole milk instead of skim to make it thicker. Could that be the reason? I have even melted it first in the microwave and it only helped a little bit. thank you! kay
125. How do they get the liquid centers into the chocolates
126. I´m using Callabeaut 811 natural Vanila, I´m making molds, I´ve been running ito the same problem. I temper the chocolate and I found out that If I use it at 31° I get fatblooms and the chcolate crystaliese much slower with bad results. If I keep it at about 33 to 34° celcius it turnes out perfectly.
127. what is the best chocolate to use in my temper machine
128. I am having difficulty getting white chocolate and semisweet chocolate to stick to one another.
129. I used some professional molds to make some chocolates but they won't come out of the mold. Can you help?
130. How can I get my white chocolate to thicken, it seems to be runny and not the consistency to make truffles. Have I not enought chocolate or too much cream. I didn,t add butter, is that the problem?
131. Hi There, I want to make chocolates using molds with really runny centers (the same consistency as flowing caramel) Can you suggest a base recipe I can use to add flavors to? I want to make flowing peppermint, strawberry, orange, pineapple, raspberry, apricot etc. Also, do you have any suggestions for what I can use to provide the flavors for these fruity varieties eg. can I use Jam in combination with a base type mixture? Kind Regards, Susan Johnson
132. sir, iam mudassir ihave problem of making a chocolate with ganache in that my toffees is shrinking and i have kept at 19-20degree celcius what is the reason and what type of precaution can i do?
133. I buy a big block of Guittard chcolate then break it up into small pieces to melt in a heated chocolate pot. I then dip my caramel or turtles or whatever into the melted chocolate. I then put the tray in the fridge to set up. A couple of days later the chocolate gets these spots on it. Like little bubble burst that are kind of whitesh looking. How can I prevent that?
134. Why is the chocolate truffle not getting firm to mold into a ball? It's been set in the fridge for about 4 hours.
135. I have a follow up question to 113 - about the 'pooping' truffle out of the chocolate. My question is about caramels. I make the caramel, let it sit for a day, cut into squares and then dip into tempered chocolate. Some 'poop' out a small bubble of caramel, some don't. I have tried covering one side with the tempered chocolate, let set, then dip, and it still happens. The caramel is at room temp (which is pretty cool right now being winter). Any suggestions?
136. Hi, im doing a PAL Progect And I need to ask something, Do you refrigerate or freeze the chocolate to make it hard?
137. Similar to question 113, whenever I hand dip truffles, I'm having trouble with them cracking or small expansions happening. I am very careful to ensure that the ganache is never refrigerated and is at room temperature when dipped. Is there anything else I can do? It's extremely frustrating to have this cracking and 'pooping' happen!
138. do chocolate squares have a shelf life
139. how to keep chocolate in room temperature without melting
140. What are the disadvantages of leaving the chocolate in the fridge?
141. What causes ganache to seperate and how i can restore it if seperated?
142. Is there a way to keep strawberries from shrinking after dipping in chocolate? When I dip them and refrigerate over night, te strawberries have shrunk away from the chocolate coating.
143. how thick will chocolate get when over heated
144. We have made several hundred pieces of molded milk chocolate for an upcoming wedding which are now getting \
145. i bought a belgum chocolate from a local baker. My problem is that it doesn't get hard, shiney, and has some light streaking. What am I doing wrong? Could it be influenced by the fact I don't have my air on and that room temp is too high? I am frustrayed because the chocolate costed me $65.oo for 4 pounds and I wanted them to turn out nice for my daughters wedding.
146. I am doing a patisserie NVQ and this is one of my questions I can't find the answer to :-(
147. What is the effect of adding salted butter to melted chocolate?
148. I'm thinking about trying to sell some of my home made chocolates on line. How would I go about shipping them to potential buyers without them melting? THANKS YVONNE
149. I am using a ratio of 2 1/2 cups chopped white chocolate to 1 cup heated heavy cream, but my white ganache is not setting properly. I am using it to make key lime truffles and coconut truffles. I use this method for all of my other truffles and have no problems. What am I doing wrong. I used Callebaut, two dot white for the ganache. HELP!?!?!
150. I'm using compound chocolate. I want to put the colour to the white chocolate. Is there any other thing I should put other than cocoa butter and colour/flavour.... pls help me..
151. I have never made homemade chocolate before but I came across this website and I am hoping someone can help me. I want to make dairy free chocolate with a hard chocolate coating (like an M & M). Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
152. i added water to white chocolate and now it won't turn hard, should i refrigerate it. or how do i fix it?
153. i added water to white chocolate and now it won\'t ture hard, shoulod i refrigerate it. or how do i fix it?
154. How can I get my white chocolate to thicken, it seems to be runny and not the consistency to make truffles. Have I not enought chocolate or too much cream. I didn,t add butter, is that the problem?
155. Have you ever come across the problem of molded ganache filled bon-bons where the shells collapse inward as if the ganache shrunk and caused a vacuuming type effect? Or is it caused by shell walls to thin combined with warm temps, crushing inward? This unfortunate side effect generally happens one to two days after molding. I have been using the flash in the fridge to set the filling, technique. Should I switch to overnight crystalization before capping? Thanks you for your time, James
157. Why does melted chocolate become thick while putting it in the moulds
159. How do I stop a chocolate ganache pulling away from the side of a pastry case (the pastry case is baked first) ? It seems I want to the opposite to happen to what most people want! as least chocolate shrinkage as possible! Is there are best method for melting the chocolate to create the ganache? Will the pouring temperature of the ganache affect it? Will the cooling speed to the product effect it? Any advice you can give would be greatly received.
160. My cream ganache cracks! Why is this so, Dotore?
161. I made a delicious chocolate bark with roasted espresso beans. In the refrigerator, the texture was perfectly crisp. At room temperature, it started softening. I would love to have it stable at room temperature. What can I do, or what should I not do? Would love to hear from you asap, some major project I\'m on depends on the answer. Thanks so much, chocolate doctor :-)
162. if i fill my cupcakes with ganache and then put them in the freezer, will the ganache go back to liquid form when i take the cupcakes out?
163. where can i get a good liquid white chocolate to add to my homemade raspberry wine?
164. Why does Callebaut cocoa cook different from Herseys cocoa? How can I make them cook the same? Callebaut seems to lump- and be a streaky color. Adding to cake and frosting. Thank you
165. My chocolate got too hard before I got it in the mold, now I can't get it to melt again. Why?
166. CHOCOLATE WILL NOT RELEASE FROM POLYCARBONATE MOLDS.
167. I am getting sugar bloom on my cream cheese icing on carrot cake. The product is made, frozen and thawed back for use, How can i stop this.
168. Does anyone have a recipe for a soft flowing centre to put into moulded chocolates. I want to make pineapple, strawberry etc. All the recipes I have found so far seem to be for a harder fondant type filling. Thanks.
170. how do I prevent chocolates from melting in room temperature. thanks
171. In India we get two types of cooking chocolates. 1.compound and 2. Pure chocolates can you tell us the difference between two? The pure chocolate tastes far better.
172. we are making 36 lbs of dark chocolate bark with cherries and nuts. We use Callebaut chocolate and in our tempering/melting machine, we melt it at 40 deg. C overnight. Then lower the temp. to 31 deg. C for 1/2 hour, and add in 1 to 3 lbs. seed until we get to 31 deg. C. We then add in our flavorings, cherries and almonds. Place 3 lbs in each tray and refrigerate immediately. We test the chocolate prior to adding in our ingredients for bloom. And we are getting bloom on the trays. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
173. what is the right way of melting chocolate for putting in moulds ?
174. Hi, I was wondering why everything I read about airbrushing is so adamant that you airbrush the inside of the mold first. Why can\'t you do it after? Or more to the point, does this mean it\'s impossible to airbrush dipped truffles, since they don\'t ever go in a mold? What other techniques are there for adding color decoration to a dipped truffle?
175. I recently made hand-dipped truffles and I'm pretty certain I finally got the chocolate properly tempered (it set quickly and smoothly with no bloom, at least thus far). The only thing is that I tried one and the shell is very thin. Is there a trick to getting a thick layer of tempered chocolate when dipping, or do most chocolatiers dip their truffles multiple times to get a thicker coating?
176. I made dark chocolate plastic but it is too soft. what should I add to make it workable?
177. I am starting to make chocolate medallions to sell, and after using a temper machine, I pour the chocolate into molds, but, after de molding, the chocolate gets very soft. I will be unable to ship in this condition. I am using Guittard choclate. Is there a step i am not utilizing before pouring into the molds?
178. how do i store my chocolate
179. how do i get a film off the chocolate when i un mold it or is it my molds
180. I need to make about 1000 molded chocolates in december and I'm afraid that they might grow molds inside where the filling is or the filling might go bad. What is the shelf life of molded chocolates if my fillings are raspberry ganache, caramel, marzipan, peanut butter (with cream to thin) and cream cheese that has been whipped with other ingredients? A lot of people are going to be eating this and i want to be extra careful that nothing goes wrong..
181. What can you legally call items dipped in a chocolate compound
183. I'm a chocolatier in Baja California Mexico. I use Peters eastchester dark caps. I have molds that I make candy bars with Genache centers. I have been having trouble with my bars. When I remove the bars from the molds I have rust color on the tops. The chocolate that I use is tempered and I just have to heat.
184. can i temper chocolate with sugar bloom???
185. I used melted compound chocolate in a squeeze bottle to make various chocolate items. I did not use all of the chocolate in the bottle so I sealed the bottle and stored it in another sealed plastic container. The next day I noticed the chocolate had developed small white spots or air bubbles. It sorta looks like Nestle Crunch. What is that? Is it safe to use or eat this chocolate?
186. i useda basic white truffle recipe, just heavy cream and white chocolate, and it never hardened enough to make the truffle, i tried useing it as piping for chocolate truffles and it\'s still soft what did i do wrong
187. I guess my cream wasn't hot enough to melt my chocolate and I have little lumps of unmelted chocolate in otherwise perfect ganache. What can I do now?
188. What is the effect of too much shortening to a melted chocolate?
189. How can i prevent the melted chocolate from cracking?
190. I'm having lot of problems with my toffee separating at about 250 degrees. I've tried to research this and found such a huge variety of answers, stir, don't stir, take it to 295, never take it above 260, etc... I'm making batches of 4 lbs each butter and sugar in a copper kettle. What is your advice? Thanks, Rebecca
191. How can chocolate be melted after been mixed with water
192. How can chocolate be melted after been mixed with water
193. I tried melting chocolate to make truffles and I put it in the refrigerator to harden and it did not. I left it in the refrigerator for several days and it still is too soft. Can I reheat it and add anything to make it harden?
194. When I frost cookies with chocolate and freeze them. The chocolate discolors . I heard that adding a ittle hot wax will prevent this, Please advise me
195. how do you make hand dipped choclate strawberrys with the light liquid centers?
196. I was trying to make Thin Mint cookies. When preparing the chocolate coating, I added 1/4 tsp peppermint oil to the melted chocolate (I am using a tempering machine) and the machine continued with the tempering protocol... but the chocolate didn\'t temper properly! The machine worked beautifully for the same chocolate the day before, so that\'s not the issue. Does the peppermint oil mess up the crystallization? Should I have added it after the chocolate has been tempered? Should I not add any oils to chocolate at all? Thanks in advance for your advice, TC
197. how do i keep choc. from getting sticky when at room temp.
198. Why is the chocolate truffle not getting firm to mold into a ball? It's been set in the fridge for about 4 hours.
199. How did chocolate get it's name?
200. how do i keep white spots from forming on chocolate dipped candies? melted choc. chips with oil.
201. Hello! I have been making chocolate for a while but today I encountered something different. I took my chocolate out of the mold & it was shiny & beautiful & I cam back in about an hr & part of them turned this caramel brown color? I know the bloom/swirl issues but I have not had this especially when it looked so perfect? What happened? Thank you!
202. I dipped chocolates (with a fondant filling), and the chocolate
203. I'm having trouble with my chocolate topping on slices I make. I melt one cup of chocolate chips with 1/4 cup butter (melted on slow heat and pour over my slice. The icing always seem dull, never shiny. What can I do?
204. I melted white chocolate in microwave and it turned brown and hard. Is it supposed to turn brown?
205. why do I get lumps while making chocolate sauce
206. How does making chocolate truffles impact the enviroment? I've looked everywhere but I can't find anything! I need it for a school project! Thanks!
207. i made chocolate at home but it didn't become hard may i know why
208. I have a can of dipping chocolate. How long can I keep it before it goes bad?
209. What gives a dipped chocolate that crackle crunch when you bit into it? I was told to add a little bit of melted paraffin wax to my tempered chocolate or Shortening. I didn't like either.
210. can I use melted choc chips to dip a home make candy as a coating
213. I first placed melted white chocolate in a mold, froze it, then poured milk chocolate on top, froze it, and the white part ran. Why?
214. why is my chocolate dull and some of it sticks when it comes out of mold?
215. why does my chocolate get white spots on it after it cools?
216. why does my chocolate get white spots on it after it cools?
217. Hi! I want to know which would be the best cream that can be used for chocolate fillings in india
218. How can I thicken chocolate to make truffles?
219. how yo store chocolat truffles
220. Hi there, I want to know how to make my own transfer sheets with edible ink and printer. Do i print on acetate paper? Thanks Sheetal. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
221. how to make milk choclate using white choclate, all i have in cupboard right now. will cocoa powder work?
222. i keep reading the ganache recipe 9oz choc. 1 c. heavy cream over and over again. boil heavy cream pour over choc. chips let sit for a minute slowly stir in a circular motion with a spatula. nothing had water on it, i made sure to cover the surface of the ganache with plastic wrap so it didn\'t get a skin, but for some reason it wont set up it\'s the texture of a mousse, please help me.
223. wat is it called when grey
224. I made chocolate mousse with cream and chocolate. I whipped the cream till the peaks are formed and then folded the chocolate slowly but the cream got seperated from chocolate what is the reason. And I used cooking chocolate. Please help me out.
225. We have a small marble slab for tempering. I was wondering if tempering on a stainless steel table would be possible. Thank you, Robert
226. If the liquid content in a ganache affects its shelf life could I use what is known in the UK as clotted cream which has a butterfat content of approx 60% - Linda
227. Whenever I make Choc covered strawberries, they start to oooze while cooling or in the refridgerator. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Rob
228. I make homemade chocolates. After I dip them I keep them in the deep freezer for 10 minutes and then they look good and I transfer them to the fridge. But later I find they become sticky. The climate in my country India is warm, so I have to keep it in the fridge. Do I have to add anything in the chocolate while tempering
229. How do I thicken white chocolate ganache which is too loose to mould?
230. can i re-melt my white chocolate ganache and add more white choloate to thicken it?
231. I am in Mumbai, India and use Selbourne Compunding chocolate for making moulded chocolates, once the moulds are removed from the refrigerator and wrapped they sofften and loose the shape, please advise what should be done and what can I add to retain the shape and the chocolate not to soften
232. I have great molds. When I fill and refrigerate they come out great right away. When I make a one layer shell, refrigerate, fill with ganache and pour tempered chocolate and scrape they don\'t come out at all. Should I be making a double shell or what? Also second question about truffles. I make my ganache put it into the refrigerator but when I go to use my ice cream scoop they don\'t come out round, so I try to roll by hand and they don\'t come out round either. I really would like them to be round. If the temp. of ganache is too firm or too soft how do I know when to scoop at what temp? And when do I roll in nuts, right away or when they harden with tempered choco. or when tempered chocolate is right wet?Thanks for answering these questions..
234. when i make chocolates after refrigeration when the chocolate is out for sometime it becomes soggy... please help.
235. I make Rocky Road for a company in Australia,we are having some troubles with our Milk chocolate becoming dull after the making process,we dont temper our chocolate and store it at 40 degrees celsius so that its easier to mix with the marshmallow,we use a baine marie style container to hold our chocolate. Any thoughts? Thanks.
236. Hi, how can i print the name of my company on dipped chocolate products? like Godiva\'s name at the bottom of their macaroon?
237. FM PETRA My chocolate tempered fine, poured fine, cooled fine, came out of the mold fine. But in a room where the temperature was 74 degrees although it held its shape the chocolate was softish. What can I do to firm it up? As it is I can\'t package and sell the molded shapes.
238. How long can I keep chocolate at room temp.I want to give a gift of homemade chocolate how can I store it?
239. How do you thicken chocolate bark , that is watered down ?
240. i am working in chocolate industry. we are using cocoa butter and temper it but in gems we are using chokita fat other than cocoa butter. we are getting good result without tempering in this case . is it not require in any other fat????
241. My coating chocolate is not becoming liquid? I am useing a double boiler and no water got in it. Help Please
242. After making a smooth truffle center with flavoring covered with a chocolate shell, I noticed a few day later that the truffles becomes graining. What would cause this?
243. I have been tempering with the Guittard sugar-free dark chocolate and using the standard dark chocolate temps to do so... I seem to be getting a bit of blooming only when tempering with sugar-free chocolate. Should I be using a different temp. range since it\'s sugar free? Thanks, much! ~K
244. why is thermometer dip in liquid before use?
245. Chocolate mousse: I make a saboyon then fold in whipped cream, then fold in melted chocolate that is still warm. No matter what type of choclate I use,the chocolate doesn;t stay smooth, I get miniscule pieces of solid chocolate in the finished product. How can I stop the chocolate from doing this. I\'ven tried reversing and adding the saboton mixture/whipped cream to the chocolate
246. I just sent a ? regarding chocolate mousse made with a saboyon..forgot to included my email address..email@example.com
247. why does my chocolate pie come out watery?
248. At what temperature does chocolate bars melt ?
249. My caramel wont melt want can I do
250. what is the density for the chocalate cake?
251. I make hand dipped truffles and the centers sometimes ooze or crack the out chocolate. How can this be prevented?
252. I make hand dipped truffles and the centers sometimes ooaze or crack the out chocolate. How can this be prevented? How do I get a answer even if the question has be asked?
253. I'm trying to make raw chocolate that's stable at room temp. I'm suing raw cacao butter, cacao powder and agave syrup. Because I'm using agave to sweeten it instead of using pre-made chocolate which contains sugar, is the tempering process different? Does the sugar in chocolate help create the hard, shiny qualities that traditional chocolate has? Thank you SOOO much for your help!
254. I made some chocolates (first attempt) and i beleive i didnt temper it right, as they are still soft (not runny but not hard). However they are now in the molds and i wanted to know if there is any way i can still retrieve them (unmold them)? or Do i have to scoop them out?
255. How does growing cacao effect the enviroment ?
256. How does growing cacao effect the enviroment ?
257. How can i get the chocolate to shine in a panning machine?
258. I make a lot of truffles, and haven't come up with a perfect way to prevent the ganache sticking to a spherical mold. Do you have any ideas? I make ganache with a variety of ingredients. Thanks!
259. Jessica- I am melting milk chocolate chips, for cake pops and I want to know how to prevent it from going soft in room temp. I also make white chocolate and it does not do this... I do put it in the fridge to harden so I can wrap them but I can not get it to stay hard unless I decorate them. I do the same process with the white chocolate. Please help firstname.lastname@example.org
260. Can one use any dark chocolate and be able to temper it?
261. I made 70 chocolate shoes, when I broke one up to taste, the inside look like lots of air bubbles, and not a smooth texture inside.
262. why doctor dips thermometer in liquid before use
263. can i remelt seized chocolate
264. How can I melt choc chips and keep it soft to slice when cooked??
265. How did chocolate get invented
266. hello, i am so glad i have stumbled across your page my sister has just opened a chocolate store front and i work there helping her out, i have read through your previous questions and got some ideas but im still confused. we have a tempering machine and it is set to the temps that the chocolate says to when we did it out of our kitchen we didnt get the speckle ot white swirl look on our chocolate but since we have been doing it from the store front we have run into the issue or the marbled look or speckled. we had the tempature set at 68 but the chocolate was hardening to quickly in the bowl so we bumped it up to 75. we dipped the oreos and when we are done with the tray it goes in fridge for 5 mins to set and then they come out. and i would say half of the batch is ok and the other half is getting the bloom. any ideas on how to perfect our techniques or tricks you can suggest. we are using peters red label ultra. thanks so much
267. How could I prevent chocolate from melting at normal room temperature. I don't want to keep the chocolate in the freezer once formed. Could you suggest some ingredient or preservative to prevent from melting.
268. how do i prevent chocolate from melting when not in the fridge
269. where should we store chocolate compound
270. would dark chocolate start to get a white greasy coating if stored at high tempratures over 70degrees
271. Why does a doctor dips the thermometer in a liquid before use?
272. When making a ganache, I currently am using 8oz white callebaut callets, 4oz double cream, 1 tablespoon extract, 4oz powdered sugar. I am not sure how long the shelf is? Would adding glucose/corn syrup extend the shelf life and if so by how long, or would sorbital be a better option. I have spent the past hour reading your Q&As, but am not sure if you reply to me or would just post the answer her. Isabella
273. Were was chocolate furst made
274. will chocolate only get hard if you put it is freezer
275. hi, i need to know how to store a ready make chocolate candy, under what temperature the chocolate will not get condense water on top, and my home make chocolate candy has freshly made jam filling, please help me. While making the chocolate candy, the temperature of the chocolate drop, do i need to reheat, if so, what is the temperature to work with. help me.
276. hi, i need to know how to store a ready make chocolate candy, under what temperature the chocolate will not get condense water on top, and my home make chocolate candy has freshly made jam filling, please help me. While making the chocolate candy, the temperature of the chocolate drop, do i need to reheat, if so, what is the temperature to work with. help me.
277. My homemade chocolates are been melted once they are taken out of the freezer. I don\'t want to keep the chocolate in the freezer once formed. Could you suggest some ingredient or preservative to prevent from melting.
278. Hi. I\'m making chocolate truffles with a cream cheese ganache. I\'m rolling them in toppings and wrapping them in colored foil for a wedding. Can you tell me the best way to store them and how long they will stay fresh ?
279. how to melt semi sweet chocolate
280. can we sey Belcolade Noir chocolate Nautral ?
281. I really appreciate this site! The tempering process has driven us insane, we use an ACMC machine but still the variables of room temps and humidity cause us problems. We are making large quantities for commercial sale. Would it be possible to dip the dark chocolate coated marshmallows we make in a final dip of compound chocolate to insure a good looking product? Will the two different fats interact if the first is let to \
282. Hi Kerry: Im Giorgio Demarini from roselen chocolatier in Peru.I have a problem.I have made my own transfer sheet with coloured cocoa butter.I stick in in to dip fresh chocolate.Then let it set.But When i try to pull them out they dont stick properly.Some parts of the designs stay on the acetate sheet.Do you know whats the problem? I use my colored cocoa butter at 33 C and painted with a brush on acetate. Thanks!
283. hi, is there ANY way that I could melt a chocolate that I put in the refrigerator before using it??
284. what adds shine to chocolate, what products are available for the same
285. I am making a chocolate frosting and the recipe says use shortening. In () it states you can not use butter, margarine, spread, or oil. What other things can I use and would be easy to find at a local grocery.
286. What is the ideal temperature and humidity for panning white chocolate on nuts. WE have a panning machine and are having difficulty getting the white chocolate to harden. We have a fan blowing on the mixer. Is white more difficult than milk or semi-sweet?
287. I followed the recipe for making truffles. I put in refrigerator to let stiffen, they only problem is they won\'t for a ball and stay firm. What can I do to make them stay in a ball form?
288. I sent a question as follows: I made truffles and I followed the recipe to a T. I let it set in the frig as directed to but the chocolate is still to soft. What can i do too get it more firmer to roll. The minute I take it out of the frig, it gets soft and I can\'t roll into balls. The minute I do get it into a ball, it falls. What did I do wrong?
289. Hi, just seeing how long till my homemade marsbar, cherry ripe and rocky road slices will last fresh or atleast not go bad if I put them in the fridge? Hoping to make them on Sunday afternoon or Monday morning for Wednesday morning.
290. HOW CAN I STOP CHOCOLATE ON SLICES FROM CRACKING WHEN I CUT THEM.THANKS
291. When making chocalate trufles why do thy. Come out moist
292. I am looking to increase the shelf life of my candy (caramel and ganache centers in particular). I have read that using invert sugar, glucose, and/or alcohol may help. If I use invert sugar, do I replace all of the granulated sugar in the recipe with equal parts invert sugar? How would I use glucose or alcohol (and what type of alcohol)? Thank You!
293. making my mothers famous chocolate pie,of course it doesnt taste like mama\'s but it turns out pretty good. until yesterday. when cutting ino the long awaited first piece, i noticed that the chocolate had separated & risen to the top of the filling. What happened?
294. Hi, Can i keep my chocolate bags in the refrigerator for about a month? I\'m having my kids birthday party and i\'m afriad it will melt if i leave it in room temp.
295. im using compound chocolate after 3 or 5 days of making chocolate truffles enrobing them with compound they star to get all grey outside do i need to tmeper compound ??
296. Hi, I have a plastic cake topper which I would like to cover in hardening chocolate. Will this chocolate stick to the figurine or will it crack? Any tips?
297. How can I adjust my chocolate making strategies since my home working environment is not ideal? No central air conditioning and average home temp is mid-70F to near 80F in summer now. Also using TCHO 60% dark chocolate couveture, which seems to be thicker when tempered (as compared to Cacao Barry 58%, which seems more fluid). Chocolate tempering takes a long time. Is this generally the case in higher temp environments? However tempered chocolate in high temp environment stays in temper range more easily but gets thicker after a bit - is this normal? First batch of molded chocolates came out with fat bloom, even though chocolate was tempered but I did rush to release from molds so may have put in refrigerator too long. Since home temperature is so high, is it best to just let a poly chocolate mold sit out overnight and then release the next day? Thanks.
298. how to make flowing caramel centres for cup cakes
299. my white chips melted together, what is the best way to use them or make them in chunks
300. does the addition of chocolate ( melted, or chips) shorten the shelf life of a baked bar whose original ingredients are flour, butter, eggs, sugar?
302. WHY DOES MY WHITE CHOCOLATE SEIZE UP EVERTIME I PUT IT IN MY ICING BAGS READY TO SPREAD ON CUPCAKES?
303. I\'m having trouble capping my moulded chocolates. When I try to scrape the chocolate off the top, it seems to bubble up above the surface like a dome, then when the knife passes, it depresses slightly and I can\'t get a good, clean scrape. Do you think my filling is too soft? Or maybe the liquidity of my chocolate? Someone suggested that I need to leave the filling in the chocolate out overnight to dry or set? Thanks so much!
304. What do you call chocolate when it is a liquid?
305. HOW DOES GROWING COCO BEANS EFFECT THE ENVIROMENT
306. why won\'t my chocolate melt
308. what is the melting point of white chocolate in degrees celsius?
309. Hi We have started making raw chocolate using a Rev 2 tempering machine,previously did it by hand. We have had some success but at times come unstuck when we add the cacoa powder with the cacoa licor and cacoa butter as it takes forever to melt, with varied results. We tried putting the powder in the machine, behind the baffle, when the chocolate melted and was in temper mode, but the chocolate became too thick. Should we pre-melt the cacoa powder with some cacoa butter and add it to the melted chocolate pool before tempering OR during the tempering stage OR have you any other suggestions. Hope you understand the question. Thanks and appreciate your help.
310. why does choclate if stored in the wrong way get a white film on it
311. will chocolate get hard if i put it in freezer
312. How do I remove flash after taking the candy out of the mold - or how can I prevent getting the flash in the first place
313. If i have tempered and moulded chocolate but it doesnt sell like easter eggs can i temper and use again
314. If I temper couveture to make easter eggs can i melt again and re use
315. If I temper couveture to make easter eggs can i melt again and re use
316. Hi I want to know if you can re temper couveture.I had a shop and bought in couveture easter eggs if any were left i wondered i they could be re tempered a made into somthing else
317. Hi, my name is Mladenko I work at chocolate factory for years and all of a suden I was told something that I do not agree with. Can you tell me what is a difference between chocolate rework and chocolate remelt? To be more correct, chocolate with inclusions such as almond or some of flavors (orange or raspberry oils). Thank you very much
318. Is there an ingredient in chocolate that can resist heat fairly well.
319. my chocolate are soft i want make it hard
320. I make alot of chocolate suckers what can i do or what product canb i use to keep them from melting once there done?
321. how do istore molded compound chocolate
322. how do istore molded compound chocolate
323. how do istore molded compound chocolate
324. I followed a recipe for home made block chocolate but it will not set hard and stays soft even after being in the fridge overnight what can I do to make it set?
325. i had a mint choc cake mix but it also showed how to make it a slice i added the mix then 2 eggs then 60grams of butter then 1/2 cup of milk INSTEAD of 1/2 water.... so its sitting here not knowing if it can become a slice or have to just add more egg and milk and be a cake... can u save my choc slice?
326. Hi I have tried to make white chocolate mousse but everytime I add the egg white it seems to curdle the batch, I follow the instructions to the letter so I don\'t know what is going on? Thank you
327. How do you make chocolate different colours
328. why are colored chocolate melts thichker when melted than white or chocolate ,chocolate melts and what can be done about this is for dipping cake pops
329. My homemade chocolates are been melted once they are taken out of the freezer. I don\\\'t want to keep the chocolate in the freezer once formed. Could you suggest some ingredient or preservative to prevent from melting.
330. hi this is manish from india. thanks for coming up with this wonderfully helpfull site and would like to know wether can we mix compound n couverture choc together if not so why ?
331. What can I add to caramels to increase their shelf life?
332. What type of chocolate is better for early diabetics?
333. what would happen to the density of a chocolate bar if it got melted?
334. I have remainder of 50 lb box of melting chocolate used for coating apples. I have stored it the same way and used with no problems. I tried to recently melt and it would not melt. I have worked with it for years .... never had this issue. I can only assume the moister level ..... It looks fine .. no discoloration.....wondering if there is a way to place an absorber in box to pull out some moisture... since that the logical cause for this problem ?
335. I have a chocolate mold that I am using to imprint letters into a white chocolate bar. I want to make my imprinted letters black. I thought about using oreo crumbs or cocoa powder. How can I get these to stick to the mold so I can imprint the white chocolate?
336. why should we keep choclate on a wood shelve?
337. What is the best way to package chocolate to keep it from melting when shipping?
338. I am making a dark chocolate ganache for use in dipped chocolate truffles and I am using a silicone mold to form the square ganache pieces. Once my ganache has been made (chocolate/heavy cream/butter) do I let it cool for a while or can I place it directly in the silicone molds and then in the fridge. and how long do I keep it in the fridge before using it for dipping in tempered chocolate? and in the fridge does the silicone mold need to be covered with plastic wrap? I appreciate your help with this. thanks in advance Jonathan
339. I made homemade chocolates and boxed them, How can I store them outside of the fridge for a few weeks?
340. I am making chocolate dipped donut holes into eyeballs on a stick for a halloween bake sale. All decorations on the eyeball are chocolate. If I store them in plastic baggies in a cool dry place, will they stay fresh for 6 days?
341. I have to make approximately 400 truffles for an upcoming event and would like to make them ahead of time. How far in advance can I make them using your recipes and what temp / place is the best storage for them?
342. Hello, I make sugar free fudge sauce for ice cream using xylitol and chocolate liqueur. How can I extend the shelf life without using invert sugar or glucose. What kind of alcohol do I use and how much? thanks, joan
343. I have heard that you can put a small amount of oil into melted chocolate before you put it on a slice and when it\'s time to cut the slice the chocolate won\'t crack. Can you tell me how much oil and what type.
344. How do I figure out how may pounds of chocolate to purchase, being I do not know how to figure out how much of a pound each section of my mold will hold.?
345. WHAT IS THE SHELF LIFE FOR CHOCOLATE SAUCE
346. How does cacao tree affect the environment
347. Do you know where i can buy a box of white chocolate mints?
348. Can you store chocolate after being melted ... if so how long and where ?
349. when tempering white chocolate, why should extra care in exact temperatures be followed?
350. Hello, I make bourbon balls with sugar, butter and bourbon, then dip them in tempered chocolate. Here is my question, is there another shortening I can use for better shelf life? I placed a tin of bourbon balls in a drawer and forgot all about them. If found them about 6 or 8 months after I made them. The chocolate was still glossy ... perfect. However the centers had petrified. One other question, will invertase mix with bourbon or will the alcohol kill the enzyme?
351. We went to make key lime truffles--basically a white chocolate ganache flavoured with key lime juice, but it took way too much key lime juice to get the ganache to be flavoured correctly, which then left it too runny to set up. Could we add cocco butter to that so the ganache will form? Other ideas?
352. how long does it take to make a chocolate bar?
353. Hi Kerry, I\'m extremely new at making anything chocolate other than chocolate chip cookies. However, I recently made some dark chocolate cluster type treats that were amazing and it now has peaked my interest. My question for you is how to keep the chocolate from melting in ones hands while eating it. If I buy chocolates at a shop I have no mess on my hands. These left me with chocolate fingerprints. Any suggestions would be most welcomed. Thank you! Sara Bodine
354. I made a mocha chocolate Pinot noir sauce and I decided to make itninto bars. So I poured the sauce in a pan and placed in the freezer then layed aluminum foil on top of the Pan so the chocolate won\'t get ice crystals on it. Will my chocolate bars come out as planned?
355. Can you brush Karo syurp on bloomed chocolate to make it look better? Will it effect the chocolate in any way?
356. I melt semi-sweet chocolate chips and parafin wax together for dipping my candies in. How should I store the leftover dip; and how long will it keep?
357. I have some red choc melts that are turning white,if I melt them again,will they regain their color?
358. how do you make old fation chocolate
359. when i dip my candy...the chocolate is still \
360. where are the answers to the questions
361. Can chocolate prevent strawberry mold?
362. Can chocolate prevent strawberry mold?
363. does the flavor of chocolate effect its melting time
364. when using chocolate molds how long do you freeze them?
365. My chocolate sauce for my cakes are going moldy in two days. i melt chocolate, mixed with water and butter and cornstarch to thicken it. what am i doing wrong?
366. Is there any method to use to prevent chocolate frosting on cookies from becoming white when you freeze them
367. Can I do an elevation question in colorado
368. I am having some difficulty\'s on keeping my chocolate at the right temperature, any tips or advise?
369. what are round marshmallow disc coated chocolate called?
370. I have just bought a double sided sea shell mold. Making hollow chocolates works well, but I\'d like to know the best way to make filled two sided chocolates.
371. Hi, Can I use Jacques Callebaut Callets dessert (fondant) to make a chocolate ganache?
372. What ingredient do I add to keep my chocolate shiny?
373. can i use a mixture of both compound and real chocolate like half and half to reduce the cost? if yes how am i going to temper this mixture since its still have cocoa butter in it
374. my homemade choclates have been melting when i take them out of the freezer. It wasn\'t like that before we melted it and put it into the molds. Could you suggest some ingredient to preservative to prevent from melting?
375. Does leftover tempered chocolate have to be re-tempered once it has cooled in order to use it again or can it just be chopped in small pieces and reheated over a double boiler to 80-84 degrees (dark chocolate)?
376. does chocolate pie need to go in the refrigerater
377. my chocolate sauce get hard when it cools down. what can i do to get it a little soft. I used 1 tbsp of corn syrup and I think it made it harder.
378. Can you dip truffles in melted chocolate bars?
379. I\'d like to know how many kind of chocolate are there all over world ..
380. how to I keep home made chocolates stay fresh. Can I freeze them?
381. My homemade chocolates are been melted once they are taken out of the freezer. I don\\\'t want to keep the chocolate in the freezer once formed. Could you suggest some ingredient or preservative to prevent from melting.
382. can i put all my centers on a cookie rack and submerge in a large basin of chocolate, raise up and shake and have dipped chocolates??? Would love to have a faster way to \
383. what temperature does my chocolate have to be to make a chocolate shoe
384. what temperature does my chocolate have to be to make a chocolate shoe
385. What would happen if people dip the strawberries in cold water?
386. when i make my pecan turtles....after a bit of time the chocolate starts looking a little speckled..it does ot stay dark.....what can i do to prevent this?!?!?! thanks!
387. how far in advance can i make chocolate covered oreos, pretzels etc. ?
388. Thanks for wirting such an easy-to-understand article on this topic.
389. Hey there, I made my baileys chocolate truffles and made 4 batches instead of 2,, now the batch has gone soft\
390. I am trying to make chocolate shoes, however, each time I do they have dull spots - many in the same places as previous. The chocolate is tempered correctly and I have tried various ways of cooling it - can you assist please
391. what do you put in homemade candy so they dont melt at room temperature
392. Can you add crunchy peanut butter to melted chocolate to dip pretzels? Can you add flaked coconut to melted chocolate to dip pretzels?
393. My truffles filling is runny. How can I make it stiffer? This is after being refrigerated for 24 hours already. Would adding cornstarch help, and if so, how much would I add? Thanks, Debbie
394. what can i put in the white chocolate to make it melt smoother it is very thick and lumpy
395. I am just a home cook, and not a professional chocolatier. I am planning to make white-chocolate covered oreos for gifts this Christmas, and I have been reading that white chocolate is harder to work with than regular chocolate. I am opposed to the \'melting disks\' because of the hydrogenated oils they contain, but I\'m afraid I won\'t be able to get the white chocolate to harden smoothly and properly on the cookies. Do you have any suggestions for how to melt the white chocolate? Should I use a high quality chocolate as opposed to just chips? I\'m in Denver, so it\'s a little bit \
396. I was making scotcharoos yesterday & my chocolate & butterscotch chips wouldnt melt (even in the microwave. now after I spread them they look like chocolate that has gotten cold. What am I doing wrong?
397. I am making a cake with a chocolate transfer band around it. I need to keep it refrigerated because of the filling which is cheesecake. You say that chocolate will get condensation on it and not be shiny if kept in the fridge- any suggestions to prevent that?
398. Can I fix chocolate coating wafers that have bloomed and taste bad or are they trash?
399. Problem: Leaking Bourbon Balls Hi Kerry, Love the Q&A section of your website! All our other cream/choc filled truffles (hand dipped and molded) turn out great but the bourbon balls leak like a sieve! We\'d sure appreciate your assistance to figure out what is going on. 1) We perceive we are using properly tempered (rev2) high quality bittersweet chocolate (guittard 0502C50) 2) mixed night before and chilled in refrigerator: 1c pecan halves soaked in 1/4c bourbon 1lb confectioners sugar 1/4lb butter 1tea vanilla extract original recipe has you dip the filling in: 1/4lb bittersweet chocolate 1 tablespoon melted paraffin 3) next day, formed into balls and let sit at room temp for several hours, then dipped in tempered chocolate and gently placed on parchment paper. After a few this way, we determined the filling was showing through the bottom a little so we did a finger dot of chocolate on the parchment first, let it set up, then gently placed the truffle upon the finger dot. Not only do these bourbon balls leak top and sides but almost all the bottoms still leak. Is the problem in the temperature disparity from the bourbon filling at room temp (60-65 degrees) and the 86-88 degree tempered chocolate? How would we heat up the filling without it completely falling apart? Is the problem we neglected to add the 1 tablespoon melted paraffin to the chocolate as the original recipe suggested? (adding wax to chocolate is really disgusting to us : ) Is the problem as simple as we shouldn\'t be using tempered chocolate at all? Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks, Kelly & Jim Watt Kwffvm@aol.com
400. I made snikers bt after cooling down its become hard
401. I have problems with loss of brightness in the Bitter coverage, for which CBS used, how I can ensure the brightness during storage?
402. How does the density of chocolate affect its melting speed?
403. just made peppermint bark dark chocolate on bottom with white chocolate mixed with candycane on top. When I went to break it in pieces it seperated white chocolate from the dark chocolate. I melted the dark choc in the microwave then spread on tinfoiled cookie sheet. cooled immediately since it was a cold day in So. Cal. How do i keep the two chocolates together?
404. What is one way to preserve ganache in order to extend shelf life?
405. When making chocolate mousse, I refrigerated it and it is now too stiff. What can I do to fix the mix?
406. When making chocolate mousse, I refrigerated it and it is now too stiff. What can I do to fix the mix?
407. my chocolate chips develpoed a whitish coating cn I still use them
408. Why do fudge and fondant become more firm if they are chilled in the refrigerator?
409. I have store bought chocolate whipping cream in a carton can i make truffles from it and if so how can I?
410. What is your thoght on the product that Bernard callebeaut makes.
411. What happens to the density of chocolate when it is melted?
412. Where can I find the \
413. How do you make melted chocolate chips seem... Glossy?
414. if we take water bottle caps as molds to make chocolate and put them in the fridge what will happen
415. if we take water bottle caps as molds to make chocolate and put them in the fridge what will happen
416. does the color of a chocolate bar affect how fast it melts?
417. My home
418. How far in advance can I make truffles?
419. I\'m making chocolate truffles and they have been in the refrigerator for more than four hours and are still cream. Do i leave it in longer or should i make a new batch?
420. what is the best way to get rid of bubbles in meleted chocolalte, so that I have a nice smooth texture, bubble free
421. For maximum freshness, do I store truffles in refrig or at room temperature? Thx
422. Every Christmas I make Nanimo bars - a layered cookie/confection topped with melted semisweet chocolate. They\'re delicious, but when I go to cut them, the chocolate top layer is too hard and breaks strangely under the knife. How do I avoid this? I need the top layer to be firm, but not crumbly. What should I do?
423. I was planning on using Gheradelli bittersweet chocolate to dip homemade candies in until I read on the package that they are best consumed within 1 to 2 days. These will be made as christmas gifts, however I would like to know the actual storage life if placed in airtight containers and kept cool.
424. How can we make a candied dragee chocolate for a small factory production?we already made dragee but it\'s not that much shiny inspite of our usage for shining products such as shellac .
425. What causes white spots on the chocolate I have put on my toffee? And what can I do to prevent this?
426. Hi - I\'m a budding chocolatier with an ACMC tempering machine. Up to this point I have been only using ghiradelli chips since they are readily available at the grocery store. I generally can get a nice temper with the dark chips, but its hit or miss with the milk chips - and it always comes out so thick, that when dipping centers the dipping fork digs into the center because of the weight of the chocolate - any tips? What chocolate brand would you recommend? Is there such thing is a tempered chocolate that I could buy and just melt with my machine? What do you think of Peters? Lastly, what is your ideal temperature for caramel for turtles? Usually, when I make my caramel - the consistency that works well when eaten, spreads too much and its hard to package because it sticks to everything...I usually place the homemade caramel onto my roasted pecans when it seems like the right consistency (and where it will come off the spoon just barely)...but there is still major spreading and the major sticky effect. I want the caramel soft for yummy eating, but I don\'t want the spread effect (but need it to come off the spoon) any suggestions? Thank you so very much!
427. i used chocolate chips and whipping cream for an easy recipe - it is not thickening to roll into balls. is there anything i can add to use it anyway??
428. I can not find the answer to the question, regarding adding other fat (like vegetable oil of some form) to chocolate for coating, drizzling or dipping purposes in order to thin in a bit which is easier to work with but still have it set and be shiny
429. I am dipping pops in white chocolate chips which works really well, however after a day or two they are turning yellowy, and look aged. how can i keep the chocolate white?
430. I am making chocolate truffles and I mistakenly used evaporated milk instead of sweetened condensed milk... My chocolate will not set.. I have had it in the frig for about 2 hours... What can I do to make the choco setup so I can make the truffle balls????
431. I am making chocolate truffles and I mistakenly used evaporated milk instead of sweetened condensed milk... My chocolate will not set.. I have had it in the frig for about 2 hours... What can I do to make the choco setup so I can make the truffle balls????
432. do i freeze or refrigerate chocolate pretzels?
433. Duringprocessing chocolate, at batch forming roller, the mass get grainy strucure immediately . what are the causes for graining in chocolates.
434. I am making \
435. I am working with spinner molds and have had trouble with my dark chocolate pooling in the ears of some of my bunnies. This has caused cooling at different speeds and many (about 30%) of all of the ears are breaking off. I had this problem with a few other molds in the past and solved it by increasing fluidity of my chocolate by using it at slightly higher temperatures. This does not seem to be working in this case. Also, are there any professional level courses that one can take on working with a wide range of hollow molded objects. Thanks.
436. WHY DID MY PRETZEL STICKS GET SOFT WHEN I PUT THEM ON MY CHOCOLATE BARK? I USED WHITE,MILK AND DARK CHOCOLATE ON WAX PAPER WITH NON-STICK COOKING SPRAY ON THE PAPER. REFRIDGERATED AND FROZEN FOR A SMALL AMOUNT OF TIME. AM I NOT SUPPOSED TO PUT THEM ON WAX PAPER THAT HAS COOKING SPRAY ON ALSO FOR PREVENTION OF STICKING.
437. hello, i did a chocolate block and i left in the fridge 14 houres but i see that ists not getting hard. Can you tell me why?
438. I made a chocolate truffle recipe(the hersheys recipe) it is thick but not thick enough to mold. after a day in the fridge i warmed it up and added some more melted chocolate it got alot thicker but still not thick enough to mold. Is there something else i can do? If not is there something else i can make out of it? I hate to waste it all!
439. What can I put in white chocolate morselswhen they have hardened during melting to make them runny again?
440. I was melting down my chocolate to make bark and added a few tbs of peanut butter. The chocolate is very soft and flimsy now. If i melt it down and add more wafers will it help to harden it up?
441. what does it mean if my chocolates have tiny white spots after setting?
442. How can I thicken chocolate for chocolate balls?
443. why does chocolate get ruined when you add liquid like food coloring to it?
444. is it safe to remelt chocolate that has been melted and hardened
445. what can i do if my truffle mix got hard and it\'s not formed
446. When I dip cake pops/balls into white chocolate only, the white chocolate oozes oil. Is there a way to prevent this?
447. my chocolate is not adhering to the carmel in my turtle recipe. Why not?
448. My homemade chocolates are been melted once they are taken out of the freezer. I don\\\'t want to keep the chocolate in the freezer once formed. Could you suggest some ingredient or preservative to prevent from melting.
449. I made layered peppermint bark. When I went to break it into pieces the chocolate layers separated. What am I doing wrong.
450. How long does chocolate wine keep in a bottle
451. When do you know that chocolate is old?
452. I took two pregnancy tests about two months ago they both came out positive. Yet i have had two regular periods sense then, i have also been feeling sick almost everyday. Is it possible that i am pregnant??
453. I made my first batch of peppermint bark using Guittard Bittersweet chocolate for the base, Dilettante White chocolate for the top layer, and an peppermint essential oil for flavoring. It turned out beautifully, however, after two days the white chocolate began to form grainy crystals. I did not \
454. How to thicken my chocolate filling sauce on my Yule log
455. I melted chocolate chips to make chocolate covered nuts. I melted it in a double boiler and it was too think so I added a little milk, now the chocolate will not harden completely. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
456. We make chocolate truffles and dip them. We form the balls, refrigerate them for 30 minutes and then drop them into the melted chocolate. Everything works fine, but at the bottom in the center of each dipped truffle is a hole where the middle has oozed onto the waxed paper. Of course, once they are refrigerated that hardens. Please tell me what you think I can do to correct this.
457. I have overheated white chocolate morsels that need to be poured and mixable over treat I am making. My chocolate has become too hard in consistency. What can I do
458. Ive made some choc mousse but it doesn\'t look thick enough, is it too late to rewhip it?
459. I recently used couverture choclate, but it was not getting demoulded. Where did I go wrong? Is there a specific method to work with couverture chocolates?
460. I got 2 silicone moulds and i then added my chocolate and popped them right into the fridge.few hours later i took them out of the mould but they melted very fast after few seconds how can i stop from melting?
461. I have a 10 pound slab of semi-sweet chocolate 17\
462. what can I use instead of edible pariffin for my bon bons?